Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what pages you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our credit card processor.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to accept donations from you and to properly process those donations and send you a thank-you acknowledgement.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Mailing List Contact Information
- Subscribing to our Email List: If you sign up for our mailing list we will store the personal information collected on the form. Each email will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from the promotional emails if you wish.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill your requests, as described above. For example:
- We use goEmerchant (https://www.goemerchant.com/) to process credit card and bank (ACH) transactions.
- We use DonorSnap (https://donorsnap.org) to track donations and process thank-you acknowledgements.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which include, accepting donations, processing payments, and keeping you up-to-date on school news.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact by by mail, telephone, or email using the details provided below:
Park Forest Preschool
1833 Park Forest Avenue
State College, PA 16803
Last updated: February 11, 2023