Welcome to the Three and Four Year Old Classrooms
The Sun and Garden Rooms
In these mixed-age classrooms one head teacher and an assistant work with the children. Our goal is to provide a loving and secure environment where we encourage the development of each child’s positive self-image and social skills.
Through hands-on activities we build on the foundation laid by the two year old Penguin class the previous year by:
Further developing the learning of colors and shapes
- Increasing literacy through finger plays, rhymes, books and songs
- Recognizing letters, printing letters, writing each child’s name, phonics
- Developing fine and gross motor skills through a variety of activities
- Providing ample opportunity for imaginative play
- Improving social skills such as cooperation, taking turns and being a friend
- Developing math skills such as counting and sequencing
We create opportunities for each child to feel success by emphasizing their strengths and abilities.